REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The Amigo is the only model covered by this guide which is equipped from the factory with a tarpaulin top.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- With the top in the closed position on the vehicle, remove the lower bow-to-vehicle retainer snapring and pin. Use a suitable prytool to remove the snapring.
- Starting at the top of the assembly, unfasten the snaps securing the top to the vehicle.
- Remove the top from the vehicle.
- To separate the top assembly from the support bow assembly, unfasten the top-to-bow snaps and remove the top.
If possible, install the tarpaulin top in the open sun. The heat of the sun will allow the convertible fabric to stretch slightly, which is helpful during installation.
- If the bow assembly was separated from the top assembly, install the bows by attaching the lower bow to the retainer bracket and secure in place with the pin and retainer snapring. Leave the main-bow assembly in the UP position, and the sub-bow in the DOWN position.
- Place top tarpaulin top over the bow assembly, and attach the fasteners on the top to the fasteners on the vehicle. Start at the top and work down.
- When all the snaps are connected, attach the main bow to the top with the snap fasteners and straps. Carefully attach the sub-bow assembly to the top. Do not be alarmed if the fit is tight. Do not force the bow into position; work it slowly until the straps and snap fasteners can be attached to the bow.
- Keep the top in the closed position for several hours before opening, to all the fabric to form into position.
- Connect the negative battery cable.