REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Apply the parking brake and block the rear wheels.
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Drain the differential oil into a suitable catch pan.
- Matchmark and remove the front driveshaft, as described earlier in this section.
- Remove the halfshafts and the intermediate axle shaft, as described earlier in this section.
- Remove the differential carrier mounting bolts and pull the carrier out of the axle housing.
- Use a new gasket and sealant when installing the differential carrier. Install the carrier to the axle housing, then tighten the mounting bolts to 19 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).
- Install the halfshafts and intermediate axle shaft.
- Install the driveshaft. For more information, refer to the driveshaft procedure earlier in this section.
- Fill the differential with the proper amount and type of differential fluid. For more details regarding the differential fluid recommendations and servicing, refer to General Information & Maintenance .
- Lower the vehicle and remove the rear wheel blocks.