REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise the vehicle and support safely on jackstands. Remove the front wheel and tires.
- Remove the stabilizer bar, if equipped.
- Remove the strut rod-to control arm retainer bolts.
- Remove the strut rod locknuts and washers from the front of the vehicle.
- Remove the strut rod, by sliding it out of the front mount.
- Remove the rubber cushions and strut rod.
- Inspect the rubber cushions and replace if needed,
- Apply a light coat of grease to the rubber cushions and install the cushions and strut rod.
- Install the strut rod-to-body nut and washers.
- Install the strut rod-to-control arm bolts. Tighten the bolts to 80 ft. lbs. (108 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer bar, if so equipped.
- Install the wheels and tires, then lower the vehicle.
- Check and adjust the front end alignment, as necessary.