REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
The Hombre is not equipped with torsion bars.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the cotter pin from the control arm.
- Scribe alignment marks, then remove the adjusting bolt from the height control arm.
- Scribe alignment marks and remove the height control arm from the torsion bar and the third crossmember.
- Mark the location and withdraw the torsion bar from the lower control arm.
- Inspect all components for excessive wear or damage and replace as needed.
If installing both torsion bars, note the embossed mark on the torsion bar and install the L'' marked bar on the left side and the R'' marked bar on the right side of the vehicle.
- Apply a generous amount of grease to the serrated ends of the torsion bar.
- Hold the rubber bumpers in contact with the lower control arm. Raise the vehicle if needed, to accomplish this.
- Insert the front end of the torsion bar into the control arm.
- Install the height control arm in position so the end is reaching the adjusting bolt. Lubricate with grease the part of the height control arm that fits into the chassis.
- Install a new cotter pin in the control arm.
- Turn the adjusting bolt to the location marked before removal.
- Lower the vehicle and check the vehicle trim height.