REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
There are two basic designs used for instrumentation and switches on Isuzu trucks. Early models had the lighting and wiper control switches in a instrument cluster pack. Later models placed all switch control is the combination switch stalks coming from the steering column. The combination switch function combine turn signals, headlights, wiper, cruise control and other options in the combination switch. If you vehicle is equipped with the combination switch design in a control stalk coming from the steering column, refer to Combination Switch'' for all applicable switches.
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel as outlined in Suspension & Steering of this repair guide.
- Remove the steering column shroud and disconnect the multi-switch connector.
- Remove the multi-switch assembly from the steering column.
- Install the switch, column shroud and steering wheel.
- Connect the battery cable and check operation.