REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The rear view mirror on most Isuzu vehicles except the Hombre, is attached to the center of the windshield brace in the interior. It is removed by simply unscrewing the attaching screw(s). On some models, the attaching screw(s) may be covered with plastic trim.Hombre
See Figures 4 and 5
- Insert a suitable prytool into the slot at the base of the rear view mirror.
- Depress the spring loaded locking clip in the mirror base, and slide the mirror off the mounting base.
- With a suitable prytool depressing the spring loaded clip in the mirror base, slide the mirror on to the mirror support on the windshield.
- Remove the prytool to lock the mirror in place.
Before beginning the procedure, purchase a mirror support installation kit, available at most automotive parts stores.
- If the mirror support has fallen off, clean the contact surface with a suitable solvent.
- If installing a support on a new windshield, measure off a mounting location 21 in. (53.5cm) from the windshield base, in the center of the windshield.
- Apply the primer supplied with the installation kit to the windshield mounting surface. Allow it to dry.
- Apply a dab of glue to the base of the mirror support. Do not apply any more than a small amount of glue. Press the mirror support into place. Allow the glue to dry several hours before installing the mirror.