REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
RODEO AND TROOPER
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
If removing the lower rear interior panel, proceed as follows:
- Remove the floor trim covers and retainer screws at the side doors and rear hatch/door.
- Remove the retainer screws securing the lower panel in place.
- Starting at the top of the panel, carefully pry the lower panel away from the vehicle using a suitable prytool. When all the panel retainer clips have been unfastened, lift the panel up and out of the vehicle.
If removing the upper rear panel assembly, proceed as follows:
- After having removed the lower panel assembly, remove the seat belt anchor bolts, followed by the assist grips attach to the upper panel.
- Remove the stereo speaker grille and speaker assembly from the panel. Refer to Chassis Electrical for removal and installation steps.
- Remove the rear door/hatch light cover and disconnect the light assembly. Remove the roof trim panel over the rear door/hatch. On 4-door models, remove the assist grip and retainer screws, as well as the roof trim panel.
- Remove any retainer screws securing the upper panel in place.
- Using a suitable prytool, carefully pry the upper panel away from the body. Work the prytool around the panel assembly in order to detach the numerous clips which secure the assembly in place.
To install the upper rear trim panel, proceed as follows:
- Position the rear panel in the vehicle, and press into place engaging the retainer clips on the back side of the panel.
- Install any panel retainer screws.
- Install the stereo speaker and grille to the rear panel.
- Install the roof trim panels, and assist grips or hatch lights.
- Attach the seat bolts in place, and secure using the anchor bolts.
To install the lower panel assembly, proceed as follows:
- Position the panel in the vehicle and press the top of the panel to engage the retainer clips.
- Secure the panel in place using the retainer screws.
- Attach the floor trim panels at the door sills or hatch openings, and secure in place with retainer screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.