REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove any molding from around the seal or window assembly.
- Use a knife or other suitable tool to cut the outside lip of the weatherstripping.
- With the aid of an assistant, carefully push the glass panel out from the inside of the vehicle.
- After the glass panel is detached, remove the remaining amount of windshield sealer.
- With the windshield placed on a clean flat surface, Install a new seal around the glass.
- Take a piece of string, and wrap it around the center of the window seal twice. Refer to the illustration for details.
- With the aid of an assistant, position the glass panel in place. Have the assistant press lightly on the glass.
- From inside the vehicle, hold one end of the piece of string stationary. Then slowly pull the other end of the string around the glass, to seat the seal in the frame. Continue pulling on the string until both ends are free of the seal.
- Install the molding and trim pieces, if removed earlier.