REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle on jackstands. Position the jackstands on the frame before the rear axle.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable bracket retainer bolt from the trailing arm.
- Disconnect and remove the rear stabilizer bar and end links.
- Support the rear axle assembly and remove the shock absorbers. Refer to the rear shock absorber procedure in this section for removal and installation steps.
- Slowly lower the rear axle and remove the coil spring and insulator.
- Inspect the insulator, and replace any insulators that are worn through.
- Position the insulator on the top and of the coil spring.
- Position the bottom end of the coil spring to the coil spring seat on the rear axle. Make sure the spring is seated flat on the mount.
- Raise the rear axle and position the insulator and spring in the frame mount.
- Install the shock to the vehicle frame and rear axle assembly. Install the shock retainer nut and hand-tighten. Tighten the nut to specification with the vehicle on the ground.
- Install the stabilizer bar and end links.
- Attach the parking brake cable bracket retainer bolt.
- Lower the vehicle, and tighten the shock retainer nuts.