The Pick-up (P'UP), Amigo and Rodeo models are equipped with the fuel filter located directly in front of the fuel tank, whereas on the Trooper/Trooper II models, the fuel filter is located along the inner side of the right frame rail, near the rear of the vehicle.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Inline Fuel Filter
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as described in Fuel System .
- Remove the fuel tank filler cap.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Using fuel line/vacuum line sealing clamps, pinch off the fuel line on each side of the fuel filter. On filters that use hex fittings, use a backup and flare nut wrench to loosen the inlet and outlet fittings.
- Remove the fuel hose clamps and the fuel hoses from each side of the filter.
- Remove the mounting bolt and the filter.