REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The engine is equipped with 2 fuel injectors; both are located in the throttle body.
- Relieve the fuel pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- At the injector electrical connectors, squeeze the 2 tabs together and pull them straight upward.
- Remove the fuel meter cover and leave the cover gasket in place.
- Using a small prybar, carefully pry the injectors upward until they are free of the throttle body.
- Remove the small O-ring from the nozzle end of the injector. Carefully rotate the injector's fuel filter back-and-forth to remove it from the base of the injector.
- Discard the fuel meter cover gasket.
- Remove the large O-ring and back-up washer from the top of the counterbore of the fuel meter body injector cavity.
- Lubricate the O-rings with automatic transmission fluid and push the injectors into the cavities.
- Install the new fuel meter cover gasket and cover.
- Install the electrical connectors to the injectors.
- Install the air cleaner and connect the negative battery cable.