REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel pressure and remove the air cleaner.
- Disconnect the throttle body electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the throttle cable, transmission cable and cruise control cable.
- Remove the cable support brackets.
- Label and disconnect the vacuum hoses.
- Using a back-up wrench, disconnect the fuel pressure and return lines.
- Remove the throttle body unit attaching bolts, then the unit and gasket.
- Place a shop towel in the intake manifold openings to prevent dirt from entering the engine.
- Clean the gasket mating surfaces.
- Install the new gasket, throttle body unit and bolts. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the fuel lines with new O-ring gaskets. Tighten the lines to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum hoses.
- Install the cable support bracket.
- Install the throttle, transmission and cruise control cables.
- Connect all electrical wiring. Make sure the connectors are fully seated and latched.
- Install the air cleaner and connect the battery cable.
- Reset the IAC pintle by depressing the accelerator pedal slightly, then start the engine and run for three seconds, turn the ignition OFF for ten seconds, restart the engine and check for proper idle.