REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
If the wiper assembly has a press type release tab at the center, simply depress the tab and remove the blade. If the blade has no release tab, use a screwdriver to depress the spring at the center. This will release the assembly. To install the assembly, position the blade over the pin at the tip of the arm and press until the spring retainer engages the groove in the pin.
To remove the element, either depress the release button or squeeze the spring type retainer clip at the outer end together, and slide the blade element out. Just slide the new element in until it latches.
Two design arms may be found. One design simply requires the removal of a nut and washer to remove the arm. Removal of the other design wiper arms requires the use of a special tool, G.M. J-8966 or its equivalent. Versions of this tool are generally available in auto parts stores.
- Remove the nut and washer or insert the tool under the wiper arm and lever the arm off the shaft.
Raising the hood on some models may facilitate easier wiper arm removal.
- Disconnect the washer hose from the arm (if so equipped). Remove the arm.
- Be sure that the motor is in the park position before installing the arms.
- Gently press the arms onto the shafts.
- Install the nut and washer if equipped.
- Check for proper operation of wiper and washer.