The vehicles covered by this guide utilize a small electric washer pump which is mounted to the bottom of the washer reservoir.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Use a siphon or hand pump to drain the washer fluid from the reservoir. If you are using a siphon, be careful not to inhale or swallow the fluid.
- Disengage the electrical connector and washer hose from the pump.
- Remove the washer fluid reservoir mounting screws, then remove the reservoir from the vehicle.
- Remove the washer pump from the reservoir.
- Install the washer pump to the reservoir. Make sure the pump is fully inserted into the washer reservoir seal.
- Install the reservoir to the vehicle and secure using the retaining screws.
- Engage the washer hose and electrical connector to the pump.
- Refill the reservoir with fluid. Add just a little at first, and check for leaks. Refill the reservoir when you are certain the pump seal is secure.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper pump operation.