Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove driveshaft
Put a match mark on the end of the drive pinion. The match mark should be in line with match mark -A- on companion flange.
NOTEFor match mark, use paint. Do not damage drive pinion.
NOTEThe matching mark A on the final drive companion flange indicates the maximum vertical runout position.
- Remove drive pinion locknut using flange tool KV40104000 or equivalent.
- Remove companion flange using a puller.
Remove front oil seal using a puller.
- Apply multi-purpose grease to front oil seal lips.
Using a drift, install front oil seal.
NOTEDo not reuse oil seal. When installing make certain seal is squarely seated.
- Align the match mark of drive pinion with the match mark -A- of companion flange, then install the companion flange.
- Apply gear oil on the screw part of drive pinion and the seating surface of drive pinion locknut.
Install drive pinion locknut with the flange wrench and tighten to 109-238 ft. lbs. (147-323 Nm).
NOTEDo not reuse drive pinion locknut.
- Install driveshaft.
- Lower the vehicle.