- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
Remove the front driveshaft as follows:
NOTEFor matchmark, use paint. Do not damage the propeller shaft flange and companion flange on the front final drive.
Remove exhaust front pipe.
Remove the rear driveshaft as follows:
NOTEFor matchmark, use paint. Do not damage the propeller shaft flange and companion flange on the rear final drive.
Move the transmission select lever to N position and release the parking brake.
Remove the driveshaft fixing bolts and nuts.
- Disconnect transfer assembly harness connector and separate harness from transfer assembly.
- Remove air breather hose.
- Support transfer assembly and transmission assembly with a jack.
- Remove rear engine mounting member.
Remove transfer assembly mounting bolts and separate transfer assembly from transmission.
WARNINGSecure transfer assembly and transmission assembly to a jack.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Tighten transfer mounting bolts to 27 ft. lbs (37 Nm).