Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the center console assembly.
- Remove the sensor retaining bolts. Do not use power tools to remove these bolts.
- Disconnect the harness connector.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Be sure to perform the calibration of yaw rate/side/decel G sensor.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEAfter removing/installing or replacing the yaw rate/side/decel G-sensor, ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit), suspension components, or after adjusting the wheel alignment, make sure to calibrate the decel G-sensor before running the vehicle.
CAUTIONTo calibrate the decel G-sensor, make sure to use the CONSULT-II. (Adjustment cannot be done without the CONSULT-II.)
Stop the vehicle with the front wheels in the straight-ahead position.
CAUTIONThe work should be done on a flat area when the vehicle is in the unloaded vehicle condition. Keep all tires inflated to the correct pressures. Adjust the tire pressure to the specified value.
Connect the CONSULT-II and CONSULT-II CONVERTER to data link connector on vehicle, and turn the ignition switch ON (do not start engine).
CAUTIONIf the CONSULT-II is used without the CONSULT-II CONVERTER, malfunctions might be detected in self-diagnosis, depending on control unit which carry out CAN communication.
- Touch ABS, WORK SUPPORT and DECEL G-SEN CALIBRATION on the CONSULT-II screen in this order.
- Touch START.
- After approximately 10 seconds, touch END. (After approximately 60 seconds, it ends automatically.)
Turn the ignition switch OFF, then turn it ON again.
CAUTIONBe sure to carry out above operation.
- Run the vehicle with the front wheels in the straight-ahead position, then stop.
- Select DATA MONITOR, SELECTION FROM MENU, and DECEL G-SEN on the CONSULT-II screen. Then make sure DECEL G-SEN is within 0 ±0.08 G. If value is more than specified, repeat steps 3 to 7.
- Erase the memory of the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) and ECM.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.