Removal & Installation
When removing the motor be sure that the sunroof is in the fully closed position. Never run the removed motor as a single unit. After removing the motor do not attempt to rotate it as a single unit.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Position the sunroof in the fully closed position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the headliner.
- Remove the motor retaining screw.
- Remove the motor from its mounting.
- Move the motor laterally a little at a time so that the gear is completely engaged into the wire on the sunroof unit and the mounting surface becomes parallel.
- Secure the retaining bolts.
- Connect the wiring harness.
Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Position the sunroof in the closed position. It may be necessary to repeatedly push the switch to close the sunroof.
- Press and hold the TILT UP switch. Do not release the switch, keep pressure on it. After 10 seconds of depressing the switch, the sunroof will tilt upward, then downward. Release the button.
- Press and hold the TILT UP switch again. Do not release the switch, keep pressure on it. While depressing the switch the sunroof will slide open, slide closed, tilt up and tilt down. Release the button after the sunroof tilts downward and stops.
- The initialization procedure is complete. Confirm proper operation and correct as required.