Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Take up the weight of the engine with a shop crane.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the undercover.
- Remove the front cross bar.
- Remove the mounting bolts at the back of transverse link and separate the transverse link.
- Remove the mounting bolts at the front of transverse link and separate the transverse link.
- Remove the steering hydraulic piping bracket from front suspension member.
- Remove the steering gear mounting bolts, then hang steering gear out of the way.
- Remove the stabilizer bar from the front suspension member and stabilizer connecting rod lower side.
- Remove the mounting nuts between engine mounting insulator and front suspension member.
- Remove the mounting nuts between front suspension member and body. Move the crane down slowly to remove the front suspension member from the vehicle.
- Check the front suspension member for deformation, cracks, or any other damage. Replace if necessary.
Refer to the front suspension exploded view for tightening torques. Installation is the reverse of removal.
NOTERefer to the exploded view and do not reuse non-reusable parts.
- After removing/installing or replacing suspension components and steering components, check the wheel alignment.
- After adjusting the wheel alignment, adjust the neutral position of the steering angle sensor.