Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the front engine undercover.
- Remove the lower cooling fan shroud.
- Remove the mounting nuts from the low and high pressure air conditioning lines.
Disconnect and remove the high and low air conditioning compressor lines.
NOTECap the line to prevent dirt from entering the system.
- Disconnect the compressor (magnet clutch and ECV) connectors.
- Remove the compressor belt.
- Remove the mounting bolt from the radiator hose bracket, if equipped with the 4.5L engine.
- Remove the compressor retaining bolts.
- Remove the compressor from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Replace all O-rings to ensure a proper seal.
- Torque the compressor retaining bolts in the proper sequence to 45 ft. lbs.
Properly evacuate and recharge the system.