Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheels from the vehicle.
- Drain brake fluid from the master cylinder, as required.
- Remove the union bolts and torque member bolts, and remove the brake caliper assembly from the vehicle. Position the assembly to the side. Do not allow the caliper to hang by the brake line.
- Remove the rotor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Install the caliper assembly onto the vehicle. Tighten the sliding pin bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm) and the torque member bolts to 116 ft. lbs. (157 Nm) for 2003 models. 2004 - 05 models have one of 2 bolt types, either a flange bolt or a bolt with a washer. Torque the flange bolts to 122 ft. lbs. (165 Nm) or the bolt/washers to 116 ft. lbs. (157 Nm).
CAUTIONWhen attaching the caliper assembly to the vehicle, wipe any oil off the knuckle spindle, washers and caliper assembly attachment surfaces.
- Refill the brake system with new brake fluid, then bleed the system.