Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the center muffler.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar.
- Remove the driveshaft from the final drive.
- Remove the halfshaft from final drive. Then suspend it by wire.
- Remove the breather hose from the final drive.
- Remove the rear wheel sensor.
Place a suitable jack under the rear final drive assembly and secure it.
NOTEDo not place the jack on the rear cover (aluminum case).
- Remove the mounting bolts and nuts connecting the final drive assembly to the suspension member, and remove the rear final drive assembly.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Refer to the accompanying illustration for tightening torques.
When installing the breather hoses (1), refer to the illustration. The vehicle side end should be inserted in the suspension member (2). Install the metal connector (3) side of this hose to the rear cover by inserting it with the painted marking facing the front of vehicle.
NOTEMake sure there are no pinched or restricted areas on the breather hose caused by bending or winding when installing it.
- Check the oil level.