Inspect the spark plug tip for wear and damage. If the tip is covered with carbon, replace the plug. Do not drop or shock the spark plug. If the ceramic body is broken replace the plug.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the ignition coil retaining bolt.
- Remove the ignition coil.
- Remove the spark plug using a spark plug socket and wrench.
- Be sure the spark plug gap is to specification (0.043 in).
- Carefully install the spark plug and torque to specification, 18 ft. lbs.
- Install the ignition coil, torque the retaining bolt to 80 inch lbs.
- Install the engine cover.
Connect the negative battery cable.