Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain brake fluid into a suitable container.
- Remove the mounting bracket retaining bolts and nuts.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and the brake pipes, then remove the mounting nuts and actuator ground cable.
Remove the ABS actuator and electric unit from the vehicle.
- Install the ABS actuator and electric unit into the vehicle.
- Tighten the actuator ground cable. Place ground cable at a notch of mounting bracket.
- Connect the brake pipes temporarily.
- Tighten the mounting bolts and nuts. Refer to the illustration for tightening specifications.
- Tighten brake pipes to the specifications shown in the accompanying illustration.
- Attach the electrical connector, then connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill and bleed the brake system as outlined at the beginning of this section.
Refer to the accompanying illustrations for actuator removal and installation. Note the following when removing and installing the actuator.