Removal & Installation
The 1998 - 00 3.3L engines were equipped with a distributor.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If the distributor cap is to be replaced, mark the ignition wires for identification and remove them from the distributor cap.
- Remove any components necessary to access the distributor cap.
- Completely loosen the distributor cap mounting fasteners.
- Carefully remove the distributor cap, taking care not to damage the cap seal or rotor, then position the cap aside.
- If necessary, remove the rotor retainer.
Carefully lift the rotor off the distributor shaft.
NOTEInspect the distributor cap to housing seal for damage and/or cracks. Replace if cracks are detected.
- Install the rotor onto the distributor shaft and tighten the rotor mounting fastener, if equipped.
- Position the distributor cap seal on the distributor housing, then position the distributor cap on the housing.
- Install the distributor cap by tightening the mounting fasteners in a crisscross pattern. Use care to not over-tighten the fasteners.
- Reconnect the spark plug wires, making sure to install them exactly in the same position from which they were removed.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.