Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Release fuel pressure to zero.
- Remove the intake manifold collector.
- Remove the fuel tube assemblies in numerical sequence as shown in the figure at left.
- Expand and remove clips securing fuel injectors.
Extract fuel injectors straight from fuel tubes.
NOTEBe careful not to damage injector nozzles during removal. Do not bump or drop fuel injectors.
Carefully install O-rings, including the one used with the pressure regulator. Lubricate O-rings with a smear of engine oil.
NOTEBe careful not to damage O-rings with service tools, finger nails or clips. Do not expand or twist O-rings. Discard old clips; replace with new ones.
- Position clips in grooves on fuel injectors. Make sure that protrusions of fuel injectors are aligned with cutouts of clips after installation.
- Align protrusions of fuel tubes with those of fuel injectors. Insert fuel injectors straight into fuel tubes.
- After properly inserting fuel injectors, check to make sure that fuel tube protrusions are engaged with those of fuel injectors, and that flanges of fuel tubes are engaged with clips.
Tighten fuel tube assembly mounting nuts in sequence in two stages:
- Step 1: 84 - 96 inch lbs.
- Step 2: 16 - 19 ft. lbs.
- Install all parts removed in reverse order of removal.
- Turn the ignition to the ON , but do not start, to check for leaks.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove the or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
- Fill the cooling system.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.