- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the power steering fluid from the reservoir tank.
- Remove the engine room cover and all covers necessary to access the power steering pump.
- Remove the air duct assembly.
- Remove the power steering pump belt. Refer to the Engine Mechanical Section for more information.
- Disconnect the pressure sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the high pressure and low pressure piping from the power steering oil pump.
Remove the power steering oil pump bolts, then remove the power steering pump from the vehicle.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal, referring to the accompanying illustrations for tightening specifications.
- Adjust the belt tension, as outlined in the Engine Mechanical Section.
- After installation, bleed the air from the power steering system, as outlined later in this section.