Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle and support safely.
- Remove the appropriate tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the bolt attaching the brake hose to the caliper. Plug the brake hose to prevent brake fluid loss.
- Remove the caliper support mounting bolts and lift the caliper/support assembly from the knuckle.
Position the caliper assembly onto the knuckle and install the bolts. Make sure the rotor fits between the brake pads. Torque the bolts to:
1998 - 01: 53 - 72 ft. lbs. (72 - 97 Nm).
- Using new copper washers, connect the brake hose to the caliper. Torque the brake hose attaching bolt to 12 - 14 ft. lbs. (17 - 20 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system.
- Apply the brake pedal and inspect the system. Ensure proper operation and no leakage.
- Install tire and wheel assembly. Lower the vehicle and road-test.