Windshield Wiper Motor
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper blade and arm assemblies.
- Remove 4 bolts that secure wiper motor.
- Detach wiper motor from wiper linkage at ball joint.
Remove wiper linkage.
NOTEBe careful not to break ball joint rubber boot.
- Grease the ball joint portion of the linkage.
- Installation of the linkage and motor is the reverse order of removal, noting the tightening specifications in the accompanying illustration.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Clean the pivot area of the wiper arm as shown to reduce the possibility of the wiper arms being loose after installation.
- Before installing the wiper arms, turn the wiper switch on to operate the wiper motor and then turn it OFF (Auto Stop).
- Lift the blade up and then set it down onto glass surface to set the blade center to clearance L1 & L2 immediately before tightening nut.
- Eject washer fluid. Turn on wiper switch to operate wiper motor and then turn it OFF.
- Ensure that wiper blades stop within clearance L1 & L2:
- Tighten wiper arm nuts to 15 - 20 ft. lbs. (21 - 26 Nm).