Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove engine assembly.
- Remove lower oil pan, loosening bolts in reverse order shown in figure.
- Remove oil strainer from upper oil pan.
Gently pry and remove upper oil pan from engine block.
NOTEBolts are different sizes and should be kept in the correct order for reinstallation.
- Apply liquid gasket to upper oil pan mating surfaces.
- Install new O-rings to oil pump and front cover side.
- Tighten upper oil pan bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm) in following numerical order:
Install or connect the following:
Rear plate cover