Removal & Installation
Never remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot. Serious burns could occur from high-pressure engine coolant escaping from the radiator.
- Be sure the engine is cold.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air duct and resonator assembly.
- Remove the engine front undercover.
- Disconnect the water suction hose from the water inlet.
- Remove the water inlet and thermostat.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use a new gasket.
Install the thermostat with the whole circumference of each flange part fitting securely inside the rubber ring, as shown in the illustration.
- Install the thermostat with the jiggle valve facing upward.
- Be sure to refill the cooling using the proper grade and type engine coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
Start the engine and allow it to reach operation temperature. Recheck the coolant level, fill as required.