Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Measure and record the pinion bearing preload using special tool J-25765-A.
- Loosen the pinion nut while holding the companion flange using special tool J-44195.
- Remove the companion flange using a suitable tool.
- Using a punch or drill, place a small hole in the case.
Remove the seal using special tool SP8P or equivalent.
- Press front seal into carrier using a suitable tool.
- Install companion flange and new pinion nut. Tighten pinion nut until there is no end play and until recorded pinion bearing preload is met plus an additional 5 inch lbs. (0.5 Nm).
Install or connect the following: