Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Secure the shock absorber in a vice and loosen (without removing) the piston rod locknut.
- Install a spring compressor and tighten until the shock absorber mounting insulator can be turned by hand.
Remove piston rod locknut and remove shock absorber from the coil spring.
- Install upper mounting insulator in line with the lower shock absorber mount and step in shock absorber lower seat as shown in figure.
- Tighten the new piston rod locknut to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Coil spring and shock absorber assembly
- Check wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.