Removal & Installation
Before servicing, or working around, the SRS system, turn the ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least three minutes. When servicing, or working around, the SRS system do not work directly in front of the air bag module.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the left side lower instrument cover.
- Remove the glove box assembly.
- Remove the center console lower covers.
- Disconnect the harness from the bottom of the A/T finisher and remove the shift knob.
Remove the shifter assembly. Disconnect the harness and the shifter cable.
- Remove the center console and disconnect the harness.
- Remove the cluster lid C and disconnect the harness. Remove the inner cluster lid D and disconnect the harness.
- Remove the AV display assembly. Remove the audio unit (radio).
- Remove the power point assemblies.
- Remove the front passenger air bag status light.
- Remove the hazard switch. Remove the clock.
- Remove the combination meter cover.
- Remove the cluster lid A and disconnect the harness.
- Remove the combination meter and disconnect the wire harness.
- Remove the lower knee protector, left side.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers. Disconnect the harness from the ADP steering switch.
- Remove the defroster grille and disconnect the optical sensor harness.
- Remove the side ventilator assembly, both left and right sides.
- Remove the passenger-s side air bag module.
- Disconnect the GPS antenna.
- Disconnect the harnesses to the instrument panel speakers, both left and right. Remove the speakers.
- Disconnect all remaining harnesses.
- Remove the instrument panel from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
To adjust the shift control, loosen the nut on the control cable. Place the PNP switch and selector lever in the P position. After pushing the control cable in the direction shown in the illustration, with a force of about 2 lbs., release it. This is the natural state. Tighten the control cable nut to 11 ft. lbs.