Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the left side lower instrument cover.
- Remove the glove box assembly.
- Remove the center console lower covers.
- Disconnect the harness from the bottom of the A/T finisher and remove the shift knob.
Remove the shifter assembly. Disconnect the harness and the shifter cable.
- Remove the center console and disconnect the harness.
- Remove the cluster lid C and disconnect the harness. Remove the inner cluster lid D and disconnect the harness.
- Remove the AV display assembly. Remove the audio unit (radio).
- Remove the power point assemblies.
- Remove the front passenger air bag status light.
- Remove the hazard switch. Remove the clock.
- Remove the combination meter cover.
- Remove the cluster lid A and disconnect the harness.
- Remove the combination meter and disconnect the wire harness.
- Remove the lower knee protector, left side.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers. Disconnect the harness from the ADP steering switch.
- Remove the defroster grille and disconnect the optical sensor harness.
- Remove the side ventilator assembly, both left and right sides.
- Remove the passenger-s side air bag module.
- Disconnect the GPS antenna.
- Disconnect the harnesses to the instrument panel speakers, both left and right. Remove the speakers.
- Disconnect all remaining harnesses.
- Remove the instrument panel from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
To adjust the shift control, loosen the nut on the control cable. Place the PNP switch and selector lever in the P position. After pushing the control cable in the direction shown in the illustration, with a force of about 2 lbs., release it. This is the natural state. Tighten the control cable nut to 11 ft. lbs.