Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assemblies.
- Remove the rear driveshaft.
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar.
- Remove the spare tire.
- Disconnect the rear halfshaft from the rear axle assembly. Position it aside using mechanics wire or equivalent.
- Disconnect the breather hose from the axle cover.
Position a suitable jack under the assembly.
NOTEDo not position the jack under the aluminum cover.
- Remove the rear axle assembly retaining bolts and nuts.
- Carefully remove the assembly from the vehicle.