Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the rear driveshaft.
- Measure and record the total preload.
- Matchmark the drive pinion to position -B- on the companion flange.
- Remove the drive pinion nut using suitable tool.
- Remove the companion flange using suitable tool.
Remove the rear pinion seal using special tool J-34286.
- Press the rear pinion seal into the carrier using suitable tool.
- Align the matchmark on the companion flange to the drive pinion and install the companion flange.
- Lubricate the drive pinion threads and seating surfaces of the drive pinion nut with grease.
Using a new drive pinion nut, tighten to 124-274 ft. lbs. (167-372 Nm).
NOTEFinal torque is determined when adjusting total preload using special tool J-25765-A.
- Install rear driveshaft.