REMOVAL & INSTALLATION CRV and 4-Cylinder Odyssey Models
- Remove the door panel.
- Remove the plastic vapor barrier.
- Release the lock cylinder rod retainer clip and disconnect the rod.
- Remove the U-shaped retainer clip, then remove the lock cylinder.
- On 4-cylinder Odyssey models if necessary, remove the screw holding the lock cylinder switch.
- Remove the outer door handle retainer bolts, and pull the handle out.
- Wrap a clean soft shop towel around the handle to protect the door from damage and use a pair of diagonal cutting pliers to gently pry the release rod clip out of the handle. Replace the door handle-to-release rod clip.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, making sure to use a new release rod clip.
V6 Odyssey Models
- Raise the door glass.
- Remove the outside mirror as outlined in this section.
- Remove the door panel as outlined in this section.
- Remove the vapor barrier.
- Remove the rubber window channel from the rear window guide bracket, then remove the bracket bolt and slide the metal guide bracket down and out of the door.
- Unsnap the lock rod clip from the lock cylinder, remove the rod, then remove the U-clip from the lock cylinder and remove the cylinder.
- Remove the lock cylinder switch screw and remove the lock cylinder.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.