REMOVAL & INSTALLATION CRV and 4-Cylinder Odyssey Models
See Figure 1
- Remove the door panel.
- Remove the plastic vapor barrier.
- Remove the lock cylinder and outer door handle.
- Remove the bolt from the rear window channel guide.
- Unplug the electrical connectors, wire harness clips and inner handle rod.
- Remove the latch mounting screws, using a hand impact driver if necessary.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
V6 Odyssey Models
- Raise the door glass up fully.
- Remove the door panel, vapor barrier and remove the lock cylinder as outlined in this section.
- Detach the electrical connector and wire harness clips in the area surrounding the door latch.
- Remove the access cap above the door latch, and remove the door handle mounting bolts.
- Pull the outer door handle away from the door and measure the amount of the actuating rod protruding above the clip and write it down for reassembly.
- Using a diagonal cutting pliers, pry the actuating rod clip from the door handle. Make sure to replace the clip upon reassembly.
- Remove the interior lock rod protector mounting screw, unsnap and remove the protector.
- Release the inner handle lock rod from its holder, disconnect the electrical connector for the door latch and release the wiring harness clip from the door.
- Remove the door latch mounting screws and remove the door latch assembly through the door.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, making sure to use a new outside door handle clip installed to the measurement taken during disassembly.