Removal & Installation
The Electronic Hydraulic Control Unit (EHCU) consists of the Hydraulic Unit (HU) and the coil integrated module
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect and the brake lines from the Electronic Hydraulic Control Unit (EHCU). After disconnecting brake pipe, cap or tape the openings of the brake pipe to prevent the entry of foreign matter.
- Remove the three bracket fixing bolts.
- Disconnect red clip from harness connector, then remove the harness connector.
- Remove EHCU ASM.
- Remove EHCU.
If necessary, remove the mounting bolts from EHCU, then remove the coil integrated module from hydraulic unit.
- If removed, install the coil integrated module to the hydraulic unit and tighten the mounting bolts to 39 inch lbs. (4.4 Nm)
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following tightening specifications:
- Hydraulic unit mounting nuts: 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm)
- Ground cable: 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm)
- Brake pipe (joint bolts): 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm)
- After installing the hydraulic unit, bleed brakes completely, as outlined earlier in this section. 350RW018