Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the 3 electrical connectors from ignition coil.
- Remove the harness bracket bolt on cylinder head cover.
- Remove the ignition coil retaining bolts.
Remove the ignition coil.
Ignition coil assembly #6 is different from ignition coils #1-5. Ignition coil #6 is shorter, so note this during coil installation.
Attach the ignition coil connector, then install the and ignition coil and tighten the bolt to 35 inch lbs.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the ignition coil assembly for insulation. Check terminals for corrosion or damage, and replace as necessary.
Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance of ignition coil assemblies and compare with the following specifications:
- Terminal 1 to 2: Without 0 ohms or infinity maximum ohms.
- Terminal 1 to 3: Without 0 ohms or infinity maximum ohms.
- Terminal 2 to 3: Without 0 ohms or infinity maximum ohms.
If the measured values exceed the specifications listed above, the ignition coil must be replaced.