Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge and recover refrigerant, as outlined in this section.
- Disconnect magnetic clutch harness connector.
Remove serpentine belt, by turning the belt tensioner to relieve the belt tension.
- Disconnect refrigerant line connector. When removing the line connector, the connecting part should immediately be plugged or capped to prevent foreign matter from being mixed into the line.
- Remove the compressor.
O-rings cannot be reused. Always replace with new ones. Be sure to apply new compressor oil to the O-rings when connecting refrigerant lines.
When installing a new compressor, the new compressor is filled with 150cc (5.0 fl oz) of compressor oil and nitrogen gas. When mounting the compressor on the vehicle, perform the following steps:
- Gently release nitrogen gas from the new compressor. Take care not to let the compressor oil flow out. Inspect O-rings and replace if necessary.
- Turn the compressor several times by hand and release the compressor oil in the rotor.
- When installing on a new system, the compressor should installed as it is. When installing on a used system, the compressor should be installed after adjusting the amount of compressor oil
- Install the compressor. Tighten the compressor mounting bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Connect refrigerant line connector. Tighten the refrigerant line connector bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install serpentine belt.
- Connect magnetic clutch harness connector.
- Charge the A/C system, as outlined earlier in this section.