Removal And Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the nut and washer.
Remove bolt and nut, then remove the lateral rod.
Install lateral rod; make sure that the lateral rod is in its correct position.
- Install bolt and nut. Tighten the bolts and nuts lightly. The bolts and nuts will be fully tightened after the vehicle is at curb height.
- Install nut and washer. Tighten the and nut lightly. The nut will be fully tightened after the vehicle is at curb height.
Carefully lower the vehicle, then final tighten the retainers, as follows:
- Frame side bolt and nut: 101 ft. lbs. (137 Nm)
- Axle side nut and washer: 58 ft. lbs. (78 Nm)