Removal & Installation
Refer to control module removal and installation.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Raise the vehicle.
- Clean away all dirt and debris from the EBCM and connector.
- Disconnect Electronic Brake Control Module electrical connector.
Separate the EBCM from the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve.
NOTEA slight amount of force may be necessary to separate the EBCM from the brake pressure modulator valve. DO NOT pry on the EBCM.
After separating the EBCM from the BPMV, cover the BPMV with a lint-free towel to prevent it from becoming contaminated.
NOTECare should be used when installing the EBCM to the BPMV to avoid damage to the internal components.
- Install the EBCM.
- Tighten screws to 26 inch. lbs. (3 Nm)
- Reconnect EBCM electrical connector.
- Lower vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Program the NEW EBCM.
WARNINGDO NOT program a control module unless you are directed by a service procedure or you are directed by Isuzu Motors America, Inc service bulletin. Programming a control module at any other time will not permanently correct a customer's concern.
It is essential that the Tech 2 and the TIS terminal are both equipped with the latest software before performing service programming system (SPS).