Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Compress the front brake caliper piston.
Remove the mounting bolts from the brake caliper mounting bracket.
NOTEWhen performing the following service procedure, the front brake caliper assembly and the front brake caliper mounting bracket can be removed as an assembly.
- Remove the brake caliper and mounting bracket assembly.
Remove the front brake rotor from the wheel hub.
NOTEWhenever the brake rotor has been separated from the wheel bearing flange, clean any rust or foreign material from the mating surface of the rotor and flange. Failure to do this may result in increased lateral runout of the rotor and brake pulsation. If the brake rotor is not going to be replaced but just removed from the front hub, mark the relationship of the brake rotor and a wheel stud.
- Clean the brake rotor contact area on the front hub.
- Install the brake rotor to the wheel hub.
- Install the brake caliper assembly to the steering knuckle.
- Install the brake caliper mounting bolt.
- Tighten the brake caliper bracket mounting bolt to 110 ft. lbs. (150 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.