Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEPlace a drift through the caliper into the edge of the rotor to keep the rotor from turning when the nut is removed
Wheel center cap, if equipped
To remove the steering knuckle, remove or disconnect the following:
Wheel hub and bearing
Remove the left side halfshaft from differential carrier, or right halfshaft from the clutch fork housing as follows:
- Place a brass drift against the tripot housing.
- Use a hammer to strike the drift outward from the case, striking hard enough to overcome the snapring tension holding the halfshaft.
- Pull the halfshaft straight out of the differential carrier or clutch fork housing.
Install the halfshaft as follows:
- With both hands on the tripot housing, align the splines on the shaft with the differential carrier assembly (left) or clutch fork housing (right).
- Center the halfshaft into the differential carrier or clutch fork housing assembly seal.
- Firmly push the shaft straight into the differential carrier or clutch fork housing assembly until the snapring is properly seated.
To install the steering knuckle, install or connect the following:
Steering knuckle to the lower control arm
Install or connect the following:
New halfshaft nut and tighten to 103 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle. Adjust the front toe.