Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove fuel tank and all connections at fuel pump assembly.
- Remove fuel pump assembly from fuel tank.
- Disconnect the fuel pump electrical connector.
- Remove the retaining clip from the fuel level sensor connector.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from under the fuel sender cover.
- Remove the sensor retaining clip.
- Squeeze the locking tangs and remove the fuel level sensor.
- Install the fuel level sensor.
- Install the sensor retaining clip.
- Connect the electrical connector to the fuel level sensor.
- Install the retaining clip to the fuel level sensor electrical connector.
- Connect the fuel pump electrical connector.
- Install fuel pump assembly into fuel tank.
- Install fuel tank and all related connections.
Connect the negative battery cable.