- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Place a drift through the caliper into the edge of the rotor to keep the rotor from turning when the nut is removed
Wheel center cap, if equippedHalfshaft nut and discard. A new nut must be used for installation.Drift from the rotorBrake caliper and support it with a piece of wire to avoid damaging the brake hoseBrake rotor
To remove the steering knuckle, remove or disconnect the following:
Wheel hub and bearing
Remove the left side halfshaft from differential carrier, or right halfshaft from the clutch fork housing as follows:
- Place a brass drift against the tripot housing.
- Use a hammer to strike the drift outward from the case, striking hard enough to overcome the snapring tension holding the halfshaft.
- Pull the halfshaft straight out of the differential carrier or clutch fork housing.
Install the halfshaft as follows:
- With both hands on the tripot housing, align the splines on the shaft with the differential carrier assembly (left) or clutch fork housing (right).
- Center the halfshaft into the differential carrier or clutch fork housing assembly seal.
- Firmly push the shaft straight into the differential carrier or clutch fork housing assembly until the snapring is properly seated.
To install the steering knuckle, install or connect the following:
Steering knuckle to the lower control arm
Install or connect the following:
New halfshaft nut and tighten to 103 ft. lbs. (140 Nm)
- Lower the vehicle. Adjust the front toe.