Power Door Locks
Diagnosis & Testing
- Check all fuses.
- Inspect battery condition and connections.
- Inspect all grounds are clean and tight.
- Search for applicable service bulletins.
- Check for voltage and ground at actuator motor and switch.
Door Lock Motor
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Remove the water deflector.
- Remove the door latch assembly.
Remove the 2 screws that retain the actuator (1) to the lock.
- Simultaneously lift up on and rotate the actuator away from the latch in order to disengage the rubber bumper (1) from the latch.
Remove the actuator from the latch.
- Install the rubber bumper (1) to the latch.
Rotate the actuator toward the latch in order to fully engage the rubber bumper into the latch.
NOTEEnsure that the first tooth of the gear on the actuator and the first tooth of the gear on the latch align and interlock properly.
- Install the actuator to the top of the latch.
- Install the 2 screws that retain the actuator (1) to the lock.
- Tighten the screws to 6 inch. lbs. (0.75 Nm).
- Install the lock to the door.
- Install the water deflector.
- Install the door trim panel.
Refer to power window switch removal and installation