Refer to the applicable precautions for this system before performing the following operation. Failure to follow the warnings and cautions could result in possible personal injury or death.
Air conditioning refrigerant or lubricant vapor can irritate your eyes, nose, or throat. Be careful when connecting service equipment. Do not breathe refrigerant or vapor.
If accidental system discharge occurs, ventilate work area before resuming service.
Connect a R-134a refrigerant recovery/recycling/charging station (A) to the high-pressure service port (B) and the low-pressure service port (C), as shown, following the equipment manufacturer's instructions.
- Evacuate the system, as outlined in this section.
- Add the same amount of new refrigerant oil to the system that was removed during recovery.
- Charge the system with the specified amount of R-134a refrigerant. Do not overcharge the system; the compressor will be damaged.
- Select the appropriate units of measure for your refrigerant charging station. Refrigerant capacity:
Refrigerant capacity for 2003-06.
- 0.86kg-1.9 lbs.
- Rear air 1.2kg-2.65 lbs.
- Check for refrigerant leaks, as outlined in this section.