Inspection & Testing
Check ignition wires for chafing and cracks. Verify all connections are secure and tight. Ohm ignition wires for high resistance.
Removal & Installation
Ignition coils are directly on top of spark plugs. No spark plug wires are required.5.3L Engine
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Carefully remove spark plug wire from ignition coil.
- Carefully remove spark pug wire from spark plug.
- Install small amount of dielectric grease to both ends of spark plug boots.
- Carefully install spark plug wire to ignition coil.
- Carefully install spark pug wire to spark plug.
- Connect the negative battery cable.